Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lately

I'm terrible at keeping up with this thing, but I get tired of sitting at this computer for too long and since I'm without a laptop at the moment, I can't just go sit comfortably on the couch. Anyway I'm not going to continue blogging about Malea's trip yet because I'm tired and want to go to bed and that would require too much thinking to remember what we did each day. So I will just post on what I've been up to lately. Work has been quite stressful. Trying to get as many hours as possible, it's been difficult but I've been putting in applications like crazy just so I can get an extra 10-15 hours a week somewhere else to help a little and Josh has been as well. I'm eventually going to start applying at some daycares but have to go to dmv and STILL have to get my Nevada ID since I still have a Texas one, and take care of some other things that are required to work in a daycare. Most everything I can take care of once I get hired, but I'd like to get a headstart :) Anyway, I had a good weekend. Saturday Josh and I went with Sonia to the balloon races. I really enjoyed myself. I'm really glad Josh decided to go with because Sonia says he's very funny. lol Gotta watch out for those quiet ones. So thank you Sonia for the invite :) I will put pictures up. Someday. Sonia invited me to church forever ago and I've been working so haven't had a chance to but I had the day off this past Sunday so I finally went. It was very nice seeing the Howard's. Enjoyed the service very much. Also the people are just really good people. It was refreshing to feel so welcomed. Christina had me fill out a visitor card and she called me Monday to thank me for coming and to see how my day was going. Very sweet of her. I'm not used to that, that's for sure. My parents have also been getting visits from the Pastor there in Hermiston, Bro. Bankston. They are such great people. He stops by to see them all the time to see how they are doing and of course I'm sure they run into each other in town quite often, considering it's such a small town. It is just so awesome to know that there are good, caring people in this world! :)

No comments: