Since I'm off today, I'll do a post. I'll probably blab about a lot of different stuff so I'm sorry lol.
Let's see... I have to go get another Christmas present for Josh today.
I wish it was as nice as it has been the past 2 days but looks like the cold is back.
It got up to 70 degrees! I loved it!
At least I got to enjoy a little bit of it though.
Anyway, back to the present. I don't want to say what cuz I don't know if he might read this.
I still have to do some last minute shopping also. Not much, but a couple things on Christmas Eve, so hopefully I can get Ross not to schedule me the whole day so I'm actually able to.
I did most of my shopping in stores, and a few things online. So I'm hoping those will get here in time. They should, because they have already been shipped.
We both made Christmas lists, but I'm not just getting him stuff on his list because then he'll know everything he's getting and surprises are always fun :)
So I hope he likes everything he didn't ask for. lol
I don't know if I already said this in another post but we're not having the "traditional" dinner for Christmas. Julia doesn't want turkey again so we're going to do steak. Hopefully Filet Mignon :) Along with that baked potatoes and I don't know what else. It's really just way too much food for only 3 of us and that's why we're sticking to steak. It was different for Thanksgiving because there were 3 extra people. Cassie (Josh's sister) & her boyfriend and Josh's Grandpa (Julia's dad). He was too funny :) When I first met him he said he couldn't hear me well cuz he's deaf and he needed new batteries for his hearing aid. (which he wasn't lying about) haha
I was doing this survey yesterday about Christmas... and one of the questions was "What was your favorite gift received as a child?" I had to call my mom for that one lol. She said either my lite brite or my "My Kid Sister" doll. And then she told me all these different stories about when I was little. I asked her if they ever told us that their was a Santa Clause, because I don't remember ever believing in him and I've told Josh that I don't want to tell our kids there is one. My mom said I believed in Santa til I was 4. Because that's how old I was when we first went to church and she said I wasn't very happy. haha I love hearing stories about when I was little. They make me laugh. Me and Michael went with my Grandma one year to California and Caleb was still really little so he stayed home with my Mom and Caleb went in my room and brought one of my socks to my Mom and said, "Mommy, sissy's sock." haha hard to believe he use to be such a nice little brother. Now he's evil! lol. I know she told me more stories than that but I can't remember them all.
I asked her to send me any home videos she could find, cuz I can sit and watch those all day. :) Plus all of them have my Grandma in them and I miss her. She was the best Grandma ever. She always knew how to keep a smile on your face.
Well looks like I've blabbed enough. I'll probably end up writing more later. Gotta go grocery shopping when Josh gets home. Probably go to Target to get some Christmas cards to send out too. I got one so far. From Stephy and Alvin. It's a picture of them and it's so pretty :) I should just tell Josh all I want is a card for Christmas and I'll be happy cuz I looooovvve getting cards. lol I'd be happy if I didn't get anything cuz I'm sure there are plenty of people in this world who are getting exactly that. And they are probably the most appreciative people you would ever meet. Here I go blabbing again.
Really though I've had a lot of Christmases where I didn't get anything but it didn't matter to me, because that's not what Christmas is about. I'm just happy to be around people that I love. This is mine and Josh's first Christmas together. I mean we were together last year but we didn't spend the holiday with each other. But I'm going to have a very good Christmas this year although I miss my family, I'm definately going to have a very Happy Holiday.
and I hope the same for all of you
Ok, I promise I'm done now. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment