Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Even though I didn't get to spend Mother's Day with my Mom for the 3rd year in a row now, at least I still got to see her. Skype definitely comes in handy when being so far away from family! I wished her and Malea both a Happy Mother's Day because even though Malea hasn't had baby yet, I still consider her a mother. She's only got a little more than a month to go, unless of course, baby decides to come early! Or more than a month, if baby is stubborn. We'll see. She's getting so big and she's so cute! She hates her belly and always says how fat she is but I tell her there's a difference between being fat and being pregnant. You can't help how big your belly is, fat people can.
So for Mother's Day, I sent my Dad some money to help pay for a new camera for my Mom and I also sent her the cutest card. I'll have to take a video of it the next time I skype with them. Of course, it's Hoops & Yoyo, those cards are my favorite! I even had a Hoops & Yoyo cd but I think I left it back in Reno. Other than the camera, my Dad also got her a cd player, along with 2 tim mcgraw cds. And Malea got her a glass candle holder with a Thank you Mom poem on it. So I skyped with them for a couple hours. They have it facing the living room so they don't have to sit at the computer the entire time and they can all talk to me. So that was my Mother's Day.
Julia worked all day so we didn't get to take her out like we usually do, but she got some pretty flowers :)

No comments: