Thursday, March 17, 2011

Something that really irks me...

is when I see parents that seriously let their kids do some of the things they allow them to do. Ridiculous. Yesterday reminded me of one of the things I absolutely cannot stand. Little girls wearing shoes they have no business wearing. Not until they are 16 (at least). Heels, seriously? Not very good parenting if you ask me. I'm glad my parents didn't allow neither me or my sister to do that. And why is that, because we were LITTLE GIRLS and had plenty of time to grow up once that time came around. In our teens, and not even as soon as we became teenagers. I don't care how mature someone SEEMS to be, if you are under 16 you have no business wearing heels. Why would you want your daughter to grow up fast? You need to cherish their time being a little girl because before too long she's not going to be that little girl anymore. I played with barbies until the time I was in high school. Does that make me immature, no. I don't think it does. But it shows that my parents didn't allow me to do things that girls my age shouldn't have been doing. Thank you Mom & Dad for not letting me grow up too fast.

2 comments:

Alvin and Stephy said...

I totally agree. My mom was the same way with me too. I played barbies until I was in high school too. Some parents just need to let their kids be kids!

Princess Sarah said...

exactly stephy :)